Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gangetic Dolphin Videographed on River Girwa at Katernia ghat wildlife sanctuary.

During my last two visits to Katernia I unsuccessfully tried to photograph the dolphins but they always eluded my camera.They would always make their presence felt by diving out of the water for a fraction of second and disappear to pop out at the least expected place it was a frusturating experience.This time I decided to abandon the Idea of photographing them and decided to capture them on Video after a patient wait and with trial and error I was able to capture a glimpse of one on Video.

The Ganges River Dolphin (Platanista gangetica ) is a fresh water dolphin which has recently been declared by Indian Government as its National Aquatic Animal.Its listed as Endangered species by the IUCN Red List.This species is thriving in the River Girwa in Katerniaghat sanctuary,UP,India.They can be easily spotted while boating on River Girwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment